Dumbells and Tribells
Dumbbells and Tribells are a universal piece of equipment that you can just to strengthen your arms and legs! Dumbbells/Tribells are usually known for arm workouts, but you can get creative with them and use them for any part of your body! Below are some workouts you can do with ZIVA dumbells and tribells:
- Tricep Extension: Start by holding a dumbbell or tribell in each hand and position yourself so that the back of your head rests against a bench. Extend your arms straight up, and then lower the dumbbell behind your head. Pause and then return to the starting position.
- Overhead Press: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell or tribell in each hand, palms facing forward. Hold them at shoulder level and then press them overhead. Pause and then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Lateral Raise: Start by standing with a dumbbell or tribell in each hand, palms facing your thighs. Raise your arms out to the side until they are parallel to the ground. Pause and then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- RDLs (Roman Dead Lifts): Start by standing with your feet hip-width apart, and knees slightly bent. Hold one dumbbell or tribell of the same weight in each hand, and place them in front of hips with palms facing thighs. Keeping your spine in a neutral position and squeezing the shoulder blades, start sending the hips back. Holding the dumbbells or tribells close to your body, lower them down, so they are in front of your shins. Once they pass the knees, do not allow the hips to sink further. Maintain a neutral spine and drive through heels to fully extend hips and knees, squeezing glutes at the top. This exercise hits your glutes, hamstrings, and lower back!
- Bulgarian Split Squats: Start by holding a dumbbell or tribell in each hand and standing in a split stance with your left leg in front of your right. Lower yourself down into a lunge position, keeping your torso upright. Pause when your back knee reaches the ground, and then press through your front heel to return to the starting position. For an extra challenge, place your foot on top of the bench while you squat.
- Dumbbell Goblet Squats: Start by holding a dumbbell or tribell in front of your chest with both hands. Squat down, keeping your knees behind your toes and your chest tall. Press through your heels to return to the starting position.
- Squat To Press: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell or tribell in each hand, palms facing your thighs. Squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground. As you stand up, press overhead. Pause and then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Dumbbell Close Grip Shoulder Press Sit Up: Start by lying on your back with your feet flat on the floor and a dumbbell or tribell in each hand. Place them at shoulder level with your palms facing your body. Perform a sit-up while simultaneously pressing up overhead. By the time you reach the top of the sit-up, your arms should be extended overhead. Then slowly lower down and avoid your elbows from flaring out.
- Dumbbell Front Plank with Row: Start in a plank position with a dumbbell or tribell in each hand, then switching off, pull one hand in at a time to perform a row.
For more workout inspiration, check out our Facebook and Instagram Page!
These are only a couple of the many workouts you can do with a Dumbbell or Tribell! Shop the high-quality ZIVA Dumbbells and Tribells here!